The third Gauteng Career, Jobs and Entrepreneurship Expo takes place at Nasrec, Johannesburg from 9 – 18 June. This year’s provincial theme is: “A Season of Hope for Gauteng Youth”. The aim of the Expo is to connect youth to careers, jobs and entrepreneurship opportunities. This helps reduce the cost of searching for information. Young people will be given a real feel for careers for example walking through a hospital or an airport to experience career and business opportunities. Service on site will be provided by exhibiters ranging from career guidance, job placement to registering a business or applying for finance. Interactive sessions such as seminars/ workshops will be hosted for experts to engage youth. The Expo will provide a platform for young achievers to display their products, inspire & motivate the youth. It will be organised in villages around the 5 corridor themes of the Gauteng government each covering jobs, career guidance and entrepreneurship. Exhibitors that do not fit into the themes e.g. health care, defence and business support services will be allocated space.
Other activities at the Expo will include:
• Dialogues on various topics and Exco Imbizo with youth, Health Summit, Safety Summit & Sports Seminar
• EXCO Imbizo with youth on the 14 June 2017
• June 16 Annual Lecture – on the life and contribution of Oliver Reginald Tambo by Mr Thabo Mbeki, 15 June 2017
• Film and theatre
• Music, art and cultural festival
• Book shop to profile and sell books focused on youth plus book reading sessions.
• Sport and recreation.
• Workshops on anti-racism and other topics