Santam, FAIRLADY and TRUELOVE magazine have partnered up for the 2020 SANTAM Women of the Future Awards. The trio has indicated that entries for the event are now open.
Women who have just started out, as well as those have been running their own business for a while, are all encouraged to enter the competition. 2020’s edition will also see a new co-sponsor, Lulalend.
“We’re proud to say that this is the sixth year that FAIRLADY has partnered with Santam to recognise, celebrate and award the best women entrepreneurs in South Africa,” says FAIRLADY editor Suzy Brokensha.
“This year, it’s more essential than ever before; COVID-19 has had a devastating effect on our South African economy and at FAIRLADY and TRUELOVE, we believe that it’s the untapped smarts, resilience, creativity and sheer brilliance of South African women that will lead us forward,” adds Brokensha.
Santam has indicated that it understands that the first 1 000 days of running your own business are the hardest. It believes that if you’re still in business by day 1001, you’re in it for the long haul.
According to Santam, its many years of supporting women in business in South Africa have given the organisation real insight into potential pitfalls on the entrepreneurial journey.
Entrepreneurs can enter one of three categories to win prizes:
- The SANTAM Woman of the Future title is awarded to an entrepreneur aged 30 or older whose business is older than 1 000 days and who is well on her way.
- The SANTAM Rising Star title is awarded to an entrepreneur between 16 and 30 years old who is still within her first 1 000 days but whose business, our judges believe, will flourish way beyond them.
- The SANTAM Social Entrepreneur title is awarded to an entrepreneur making a real difference in her community. Aged 30 or older, her business has survived the first 1 000 days.
The prizes awarded to the three winners include:
- R80 000 in cash to the SANTAM Woman of the Future, and
- R50 000 each to the SANTAM Rising Star and SANTAM Social Entrepreneur.
All the winners will also receive:
- a PR package worth R10 000 from Lulalend
- a beauty hamper worth R5 000 from Estée Lauder
- business printing worth R5 000 from Lithotech
- a course worth R17 000 from GIBS
- a Samsonite Zalia 2.0 Bailhandle worth R3 699
- a ladies wristwatch worth R1 095 from Missguided, and
- a media training course
Entry forms, as well as terms and conditions, are available on www.womenofthefuture.co.za.
Entries will close on Tuesday, 30 June 2020. The general public can nominate a female entrepreneur for entry into any of the three categories.
SOURCE: Santam Insurance