Listed real estate investment trust Redefine Properties continues to play a leading role in stimulating growth, opportunities and entrepreneurial development in South Africa.
Innovation Challenge is an entrepreneurship competition aimed at identifying new, innovative solutions in the property space. The competition is open to public (and potential future stakeholders) to submit innovative ideas within the commercial, retail and industrial space – and stand a chance to win R1million. The winner will also have the opportunity to negotiate start-up support to the value of up to R9 million in the form of either monetary support, education, commercial space or concept acquisition.
WHO SHOULD ENTER
Redefine is looking for South Africa’s new innovation sensation. Someone with an innovative idea, and big dreams, no matter how small your start.
Redefine Properties is offering R1 million in cash to one local entrepreneur with the right idea.
The Innovation Challenge is about big ideas that can make a real impact on lives and that will bring about innovation in the property industry. Maybe it’s making your community part of how our mall spaces work, or maybe it’s using the spaces around you to change your world.
Redefine is looking for innovative ideas that match to one or more of the four criteria in areas across retail malls, commercial offices and industrial warehouse properties:
- Enhancing business opportunities
- Uplifting communities and integrating their needs in properties
- Enhancing customer experiences
- The use of technology to improve these spaces
Not only will the winner receive R1 million, but they’ll get the opportunity to motivate for a start-up package worth up to R9 million. This start-up pack could include:
- Being part of Redefine’s entrepreneurial development programme
- Getting space in a:
- Redefine Mall
- Redefine commercial property
- Redefine industrial property
- Tenant installation funding
- An educational bursary for tertiary and postgraduate studies, courses or/and certificates
- Possible employment or access to the Redefine Learnership Programme
- Potential mentoring by one of the mentors from Redefine’s Mentorship Challenge online programme