The First Annual Township Business Investment Summit and Expo takes place on 6th and 7th June 2018. This important exhibition and information seminar aims to connect Township Entrepreneurs with opportunities, resources, information, training and development, finance and markets from corporate South Africa.
Through this summit about 50 organizations will be represented both from government and private sector. The majority of stakeholders that will be present will help address issues around Enterprise Supply Development, Funding, Mentorship, Training, Procurement and much more.
Some of the involved organizations include Gauteng Department of Economic Development, The City of Johannesburg, 1Life Insurance, The Department of Trade and Industry, Old Mutual Masisizane Fund, Tshimologong Digital Precinct, The BEE Commission, Bowmans Law, My SME Tools, just to list a few.
– 75 Speakers from different industries, 500 delegates and more that 2500 exhibition visitors
– 10 different panel discussions on key pertinent topics
– Funding Lounge – One on one consultation with funding institutions
– Legal Lounge – One of on consultation with legal experts from Bowmans
– 50 institutions and funding ready businesses exhibiting
– 20 selected businesses will pitch in front of investors, procurement managers, supply chain managers and corporate buyers from different corporate SA.
(Apply here for a chance at pitching your business or Idea – https://goo.gl/forms/
Some of the topics to be covered include:
– Digitalizing the township economy and how are entrepreneurs doing so.
– Innovative investment through Enterprise Supplier Development & Socio Economic Development Programmes
– Co-Working Space vs Co-Productions space
– Corporate SA Investing in Township Businesses – Case Studies
– Pros and Cons of ACCESSING funding from Funding institutions
– Breaking the Wheel – Alternative methods of funding and access to markets
– Township Business Council – How to use to policies to foster growth in the townships.
– PowerTalk of successful township business owners on their journey
– Mentorship Circles with Wits MBA students and University of California Los Angeles MBAs
– Launch of different initiatives within eKasi Entrepreneurs.
Exhibiting opportunities are still available. Kindly email email@example.com.
za or call/whatssapp 0614201873
Tickets on sale at R150 for each day or R250 for a 2 days pass from https://www.amagig.com/event/
Tickets can also be found at the following stores
• Edgars Active
• Edgars Connect
• Jet Mart
Access to all exhibition areas is FREE to general public. For more updates follow @kasibizmahala