Vodacom remains committed to the growth and development of Small Business in South Africa. Vodacom Business is helping its enterprise customers work smarter and more efficiently, finding new and innovative ways to enable, empower and support their endeavours.
The company recently launched Vodacom Trade Direct, a business-to-business portal that connects Vodacom’s SME customers – both buyers and sellers – in a secure and reliable online environment. The purpose of the portal is to simplify the procurement process, giving businesses access to a broader market. The digital portal caters for Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment companies as well as SMEs
The first category is the supplier category that gives SMEs access to eCatalogues for product promotion, a notification every time a tender matches their business keywords, as well as enabling their business’ location to be pinned on Google Maps. The second category is a buyer category that allows for SMEs to advertise tenders, obtain requests for quotes and connect with businesses in their geographical area.
Here are some of the benefits for Small Businesses that sign up on the portal:
Benefits to suppliers
- List your business in a verified trade directory.
- Receive daily tender alerts matching to your company offering – manage your preferred industry sectors, regions and keywords.
- Get invited to quote and respond through a secure online system.
- Issue your own quote requests to get lower prices on your procurement costs.
Benefits to buyers
- Access to comprehensive company profiles with all the relevant information to assist in the procurement due-diligence process.
- Rely on business information integrity verified by the Vodacom call centre (BBBEE Certificate/CIPC Details/Tax Clearance)
- Use the advanced keywords search to find specific profiles.