Name: Moepi Setona
Business: Saya Setona
Tel: 060 666 9871 or 071 237 7269
Location: Vosloorus, Ekurhuleni
What work does your business do?
SayaTecnovation” is an ICT Enterprise Application System Integrator and Innovator SME proudly Township (eKasi) EnterpriseTechnology Management. Focused in 3D design software enterprise mobile Apps development integrating IT service management; encompassing governance, service & infrastructure architectural management
What is your personal life mission?
To bring the internet and technology to township and rural areas, to better improve and influence the economy. I think it is important that we find tech solutions that improve our social well-being as Africans.
What inspired or motivated you to start your business?
The thought of using my skillset and experience to impact change as an entrepreneur from the township was clear motivation. Showing off the potential of our ICT Industry as South Africans remains a passion for me.
What makes your business beautiful and different?
At SayaTech we align business strategy to ICT Innovation strategy. We seek to execute these combined strategies to ultimately provide concrete benefits, such as optimizing the performance, reliability and efficiency of our clients ICT environments. In addition, through leveraging the existing ICT investments and supporting cost-effective delivery of new technology and service initiatives; we are able to provide innovative solutions, supported by leading global technology and best-practice services. We customize solutions designed to deliver key systems and technology management services that are vital to ICT organizations in meeting the ICT challenges of yesterday’s, today’s and generations to come.
What steps have been critical in growing your business?
– Identifying a team with skills that will drive us forward.
– Research and development
– Access to seed funding and piloting with our first customer.
What have been some of your most memorable moments in business?
– When the Mayor of Maluti-A-Phofung selected our start-up to be a key service provider with-in the municipality.
– Our partnership with Telkom SA with CIO Len and CEO Sipho Maseko as an integration partner to roll-out our citizen service delivery mobile app.
– The opportunity I had with pitching my business model to the Minister of ( The Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services ) at the GovTech Conference 2017
– My first interview and feature with SA biggest publication in ICT ITWeb Brainstorm and CIO Directory.
– Our alliance partnership with Microsoft Africa
What are some of the hardest lessons you have learnt?
– Never take your eyes from the prize.
– Keep your focus on the outcome and not the current challenges
– No one is coming to save you but yourself
– Prepare and test before the pilot launch.
– Sell the product/solution to everyone who is willing to listen.
Roll-out the mobile app to all local, provincial and national departments across the country within the next 3 years. Grow our partnerships with international game players. Attend and exhibit at the Web Summit 2018, which is one of the biggest summit in the world.
What advice can you give to other entrepreneurs starting-out?
Play your part in the start-up face of your business. Be confident in your product offering and get out there and make it happen.
Look out for LETS TALK available at the Google Play Store and Apple App Store